Effective Date: March 16, 2016
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual.
In order to receive certain Services from us, you will first need to create an account. To create an account you will need to provide your mobile number, email address and create a password.
When you request a Service from us, we collect personal information as necessary to provide the requested Service. Depending on the Service that is requested, this information may include your name, billing address, mailing address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, gender, photo, date of birth, occupation/principal business, payment card information (including cardholder name, number and expiration date), banking information, and information about a payment recipient (such as name, contact information and account information).
When you browse through our Platforms, we may collect information regarding the device, device location, domain and host from which you access the Platform, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet service provider you are using, and anonymous site statistical data. We may also collect information using cookies (see Cookies section below).
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information to:
- Administer, improve and personalize your experience on the Platforms
- Provide the Services you have requested
- Measure consumer interest in our Platforms and Services
- Provide you with personalized offers and updates relating to products and services that may be of interest to you based on your previous interactions with our Platforms and use of our Services.
- Occasionally send you surveys. These surveys ask you for contact information and demographic information (like postal code, age, gender, etc.). We use this data to customize your experience at Paytm, provide you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot concerns and help promote safe Services
- Verify your identity in compliance with requirements under anti-money laundering legislation (which may include checking identity against verification sources such as credit bureaus or records maintained by utility or telecommunications companies, and watch lists established by regulatory agencies and similar bodies in Canada and foreign countries)
- Detect, prevent and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity
- Meet legal, regulatory and self-regulatory requirements
- To enforce our terms and conditions and collect amounts owed to us
We may use personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to third parties as necessary to provide a Service you have requested (for example, to a payment recipient as necessary to process a payment that you have directed us to make on your behalf).
We may disclose personal information as necessary to resolve disputes, detect, prevent and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce our terms and conditions, collect amounts owed to us, meet legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and in other circumstances with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Periodically, we may reveal general statistical information about Paytm and its users, such as the number of visitors, number and type of goods and services purchased, and similar information.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies may be used to track your visit to our Platforms and other third party sites in order to serve you with advertisements that are more relevant to you and your inferred interests. Cookies are also used to remember you and your preferences when you visit our site, to track the pages of our site that you visit, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as help to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. Cookies may be placed by us or advertising networks.
Links to Other Sites
Our site links to other websites that may collect personal information about you. Paytm is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
Paytm has appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, designed to protect the information against unauthorized access. Authorized Paytm employees and agents who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide our Services.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
Paytm may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above. Your file will be stored on our servers or those of our service providers. If you wish to request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address, attention Privacy Officer. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us as described above email@example.com.